Yes, I do… almost. Tomorrow I turn a year older. Some people like to ignore birthdays, especially as they move into and through middle age. The passing of each year is, after all, a reminder that our time here is limited, and our bodies wear out, no matter how well we care for them. I prefer to celebrate the fact that, by the grace of God, I have been granted this past year. And, by that same grace, I might be around to celebrate again next year. There is much in my life to be thankful for and to celebrate, not least of which is my family. I’m also thankful for all of you people out there who take time out to read my blog, or follow my comments on Twitter. Writers like to be read, so thanks for reading!
Who else is celebrating a birthday tomorrow (or would be if they were still with us)? Here’s a partial list of folks you might know:
- Harry Houdini, the escapologist and magician
- Peyton Manning, the (American) footballer
- Fanny Crosby, American hymn-writer (“Blessed Assurance,” “To God Be the Glory,” and numerous others)
- Clyde Barrow, American bank robber (along with partner Bonnie Parker)
- Joseph Barbera, American animator (Scoobie-Doobie-Doooo!)
- Steve McQueen, American actor
- Alan Sugar, English businessman (host of the UK version of “The Apprentice”)
- Nena, German pop singer (“99 Red Balloons”)
- Jim Parsons, American actor (“The Big Bang Theory”)
Are any of you celebrating a birthday tomorrow?
And if you want to make this birthday particularly special, why not give a gift that keeps on giving: become a PATRON!! 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend!